Plant-based diets may help prevent weight gain, promote weight loss, and maintain desired weight by increasing resting energy expenditure, lowering energy gain, up-regulating metabolism, improving satiety, preventing fat cells from taking up fat, and improving plasma adiponectin levels (a hormone that helps control weight).
Below are the video links shown in Week 6:
- Entire Powerpoint Presentation
- Chuck Carroll's 265 Pound Weight Loss Story
- Dr. Barnard - Weight Loss
- The role of WATER in weight loss
- Dr. Greger - Thousands of Vegans Studied
- Jeff Novick RD - Foods that Make You Thin
- Dr. Greger - Formula for Childhood Obesity
- Dr. Greger - Can Morbid Obesity be Reversed Through Diet?
- Chef AJ - Easy Meals to Make You Thin
- Rip Esselstyn - Engine 2 Diet Recipes