The "Standard American Diet", also known as SAD, is high in fat content and low in nutrient rich foods. This focus of week 3 is to bring attention to what types of food and how much of each food is necessary to incorporate into our daily diet. We will debunk myths regarding protein-rich foods and other common sources of confusion.
Below are video links shown in Week 3:
- Entire Powerpoint Presentation
- Calorie Density with Jeff Novick
- TED Talk: Plant-strong & Healthy Living by Rip Esselstyn
- Dr. Greger: Dining by Traffic Light - Green is for Go, Red is for Stop
- Oxidative Stress & Its Impact on Your Health - Dr. Darren Morton
- Dr. Barnard: Addictive Foods & Understanding Your Cravings
- The pleasure trap: Douglas Lisle at TED x Fremont
- Dr. Greger: How much should you exercise?